1880 Century Park East, Suite 511 • Los Angeles, CA 90067
Contract AttorneysLitigation Paralegal
Probate and Trust Administration Paralegal
Trust and Estates Paralegal
Our client, a national major law firm, seeks US licensed contract attorneys for diverse document review experience for its Los Angeles office. Review documents for privilege, issues, keywords, etc. for placement on long and short-term assignments. Document review experience is preferred.
Hourly rates depend upon experience.
· Bars must be active and in good standing
· Excellent references
· Document review experience preferred
· Good law schools and grades
· Available for daytime or evening shifts
· Admitted to practice in the US
· At least one year experience as an attorney
Job Type: Contract
Must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a litigation paralegal with trial experience.
This person will wear two hats, will have to interface with IT consultant and be able to follow his instructions for quick fixes, get laptops ready for those who need, load litigation data basis, quick iPhone fixes/issues. There are no billable hours.
MUST HAVE LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Submit electronically billed invoices to e-billing vendors via websites or eHub.· Electronically submit timekeepers and rates to e-billing vendors for client approval.
· Manage required accrual reporting for e-billed clients.
· Troubleshoot any e-billing issues including unauthorized rates, time entries, matter numbers, and client set-up.· Communicate billing guidelines for electronically billed clients to attorneys and key accounting members.
· Maintain profile for each electronic billing vendor being utilized, including policies and contact information.
· Communicate with the attorneys, legal assistants, cash receipts and portfolio managers regarding any invoice issues including reductions, rejections or client inquiries.· Maintain detailed records regarding when and how the invoice was submitted and perform follow-up on any submission issues.
· Prepare ad-hoc client financial reports.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position.
SPECIFIC SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Strong technical skills, including Elite, Business Objects, and MS Excel to gather data and organize and build reports to facilitate effective analysis.
· Must be service oriented, well organized and able to multi-task.· Ability to work well with individuals across all levels of the firm.
· Ability to work independently and learn new tasks quickly.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· 3+ years’ experience in electronic billing at a law firm.· Proficient in Elite, Business Objects and advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience:· Billing: 3 years
Probate and Trust Administration Paralegal
Experienced paralegal specializing in post-mortem trust and probate administration, including drafting of trust and probate pleadings, preparation of federal estate returns, gift tax returns, asset allocation spreadsheets, asset transfers, real property forms, and client and agency interaction. Some guardianship and Conservatorship administration. Ability to handle a large case load from start to finish.
Education and Skills
Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved program, Bachelor of Arts degree; minimum of five years’ full-time experience in probate and trust administration.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, Computer Knowledge: Word Perfect (X6), Word, Outlook, Hot Docs, Legal Master, Excel, Legal Solutions, 706 Program, EstateVal, Estate Planning Tools, internet research. Additional Information
8 hour workday plus 1 hour lunch, 40 hour workweek, 1600 billable hours annually, medical, dental, life insurance, LTD, 401(k) benefits.
Job Type: Full-time Required education:
Required experience:· Paralegal: 5 years
TRUSTS & ESTATES PARALEGAL
The Trusts & Estates Department of a global law firm is seeking a paralegal with at least 7-10 years of mid-size/large law firm experience to join its Los Angeles Office. Candidates should have substantive experience in Trusts and Estates. Requirements include handling all aspects of trust funding and trust administration; preparation of gift and estate tax returns; drafting of probate court filings and all probate related documentation; preparation of trust accountings and deeds and preparation of gift, estate and GST tax projections. Successful candidate will have superior academics, excellent drafting, writing and analytical skills, accurate and strong attention to detail, high level of organization and strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
ABA paralegal certification and/or Bachelor’s degree required.
Job Type: Full-time Required
Required experience:· Paralegal: 7 years
CPA firm with four offices. Headquarters in Palm Springs. Seeking experienced CPA with at least five years experience and willing to work in Palm Springs Office.
Prepare international tax returns, tax returns. Needs extensive business background. Must be affable with clients. Will be working with construction, high-wealth and business clients, delving into possible marijuana business, general business setups, helping businesses with LLCs, complex projects. Advising clients, handling face-to-face. Increase growth of business, a rainmaker. This is a high tech firm. Someone with high tech background is necessary.
Be a right hand person for the managing partner. Firm has 4 CPAs and staff of 20
Trademark Paralegal to be located in the Century City office of a global law firm. The trademark Paralegal will be responsible for assisting with all facets of the trademark prosecution process and with domain name protection, including:
· Research and compile information pertaining to national and international intellectual property rights, particularly trademarks; Procedural matters and case law; Domain name and other Internet issues in the United States and internationally.
· Perform on-line searches of US and other patent and trademark office records, European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), industry databases and legal research.
· Conduct preliminary (knockout) trademark searches.
· Assist attorneys with full trademark searches by compiling trademark search results, and summarize into formats such as charts or spreadsheets for easy access and dissemination to the team.
· Prepare status summary reports on various client matters for attorneys and clients.
· Knowledge of international trademark filing practices and procedures, and ability to work with international counsel and vendors as needed to conduct trademark searches and to file applications, renewals, affidavits of use and oppositions.
· Knowledge of legalizations and certifications for filing of international trademarks.
· Knowledge of USPTO, particularly pertaining to trademark portfolio and enforcement practice. Possess and apply experience with and knowledge of process for drafting and filing applications, statements of use, renewals, affidavits of use, office action responses and assignments, as well as notices of opposition and cancellation.
· Apply enforcement strategies in order to determine potentially infringing trademark uses and domain names, and assist attorneys with execution of additional enforcement steps such as drafting cease and desist letters.
· Knowledge of IP docket systems and ability to coordinate with Docketing team for recording of due dates for all trademark portfolio matters, including office action responses, renewals, oppositions, Section 8 and 15 affidavits, and extensions of time.
· Assist with due diligence process including searching for trademark status and ownership/assignment information.
· Register Internet domain names and maintain domain name portfolios.
· Assist with preparing and filing UDRP and similar complaints to combat domain name infringement, including preparation of exhibits.
· Monitor social media sites for infringing uses of clients’ trademarks, and prepare takedown requests through social media platforms’ complaint mechanisms.
· Monitor ICANN developments and report relevant updates to team and clients.
· Track down trademark file wrappers, trademark oppositions and other publically available IP related documents.
· Familiarity with special IP related trade publications, and ability to track new trends and developments in trademark and Internet practice and report to the practice team.
· Serve as a resource to attorneys with questions regarding trademark and Internet domain name registrations, portfolios and best practices.
Communicate directly with clients as appropriate
· Bachelor’s degree with solid academic credentials
· 3+ years’ experience as an IP paralegal preferred, including significant work on global trademark portfolio matters and some exposure to Internet matters such as domain names and social media.
· Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with meticulous attention to detail, required
Job Type: Full-time
· The Legal Litigation Secretary provides support to attorneys and paralegals resulting in a high level of client service; document processing and editing; managing travel arrangements; processing new business intake; preparing and submitting attorney expenses; inputting attorney time entries; handling client billing; responding to client inquiries via phone and email; arranging meetings and conferences; coordinating calendars; monitoring incoming mail, faxes and e-mails; maintaining and updating client files and other tasks.
· Responsibilities include:
· Use word processing and document management software (Microsoft Office 2010, including Adobe, PowerPoint, Excel, Workshare Compare, DM, etc.) to prepare and revise, format and finalize a wide variety of legal documents
· Assist attorneys with new client applications and conflict checks
· Accurately enter attorney time into timekeeping system to meet weekly deadlines
· Establish and maintain paper and electronic client and administrative files in compliance with current Firm policies
· Interact on a daily basis with departments within the Firm to facilitate highest possible legal support
· Prepare and submit expense reports
· Work closely with Accounting Department staff to prepare and manage client billings and receivables
· Proficiency with making and managing travel arrangements with assistance of travel agency to ensure all aspects of travel are made accurately and communicated effectively (i.e., air, hotel, car, train, meeting rooms, travel memberships accounts and the like)
· Answer, screen and place phone calls to clients and other business associates and respond to client inquiries
· Open, review and route mail as directed
· Provide assistance to other Legal Secretaries within Firm whenever necessary to meet Firm and client needs
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Job-Related Competencies:
· Associate’s degree preferred
· Minimum of four (4) years of legal secretarial experience in a law firm environment working with multiple attorneys
· Proficiency in MS Word and Adobe a must, minimum typing speed of 75 words/min
· Advanced knowledge in formatting briefs, pleadings and other litigation documents
· Knowledge of e-filings and California and Federal Court procedures
· Ability to work core business hours with flexibility for overtime, as required
Job Type: Full-time
· Litigation: 4 years
· secretarial: 4 years
· Legal Secretary: 4 years
LEGAL ESTATE LEGAL SECRETARY
Seeking a seasoned real estate secretary familiar with AIR Forms, leasing, purchase and sale agreements. This person should be very competent in Microsoft Offices (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint). They must be high functioning in Document Management Systems (iManage/Docs Open/File Site). They must be familiar with using Macros to generate letters and memos, styles application to documents, extreme attention to detail and proactive by nature. This person must be task oriented and should always be thinking about the next step. They must know how to use A.I.R./C.A.R. Forms http://www.car.org/legal/standard-forms/new-forms-and-revisions/.
Job Type: Full-time
· Legal Secretary: 5 years